Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dear airplanes, why do you toy with my emotions?

Location: Incheon, Korea (Incheon International Airport)
Time: 5:34 AM
Date: June 2nd

I did NOT expect travelin to be this grueling. Keep in mind that this is my first traveling, and if you're used to it, you're probably like "It's not that bad. Blahblahblah." Well, to a person who is flying for the first time and it's literally on the opposite side of the world, it is pretty crazy.

First, the airport. I left from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. As soon as we pull up, people are literally everywhere, cars are driving where they can squeeze into, and cops are gooned up like they're about to do a drug bust. We checked in and dropped our baggage off. (Please at how my bag was a little overweight and instead of just pulling something out, my parents caused a big scene and tried to bribe the people to let it slide, but then I just pulled out a pair of jeans and it was fine.)

After that, we went to security and they do NOT play with that at all. I'm pretty sure I got verbally abused by everyone that was there, but hey, as long as there aren't any terrorists on my plane, you can frisk and yell people all you want. But one PLEASE wouldn't hurt. ;)

We finally got to the gate and I had three hours to waste because my parents decided it was a good idea to come super early. I didn't get to bring my iPhone along (LONG STORY) and I had to buy wifi to use it (Seriously, atlanta? Stop being a douche. Get like Korea. $$$ Free wifi $$$)

Finally, we got on the plane. I realized that the process from arriving to the airport to the actual plane is a lot like being in line for a ride at Universal Studios... You have to wait forever, people are everywhere, there's lots of scenery changes, you pass through and see all these cool, fancy things, and then you finally get on.

The flight was 14 hours long. I was expecting it to be like what you see on tv: a bunch of seats with a TV in the front of the plane that replays the same movie over and over again and you're pretty much bored the whole time. WRONG. Korean Air was the business. They clearly had it going on. Of course, I don't have any other flights or airlines to compare it to, but Korean Air was a good first impression. They had little tvs for each seat with TONS of movies to watch (I watched Rabbit Hole and started a lot of other movies, but stopped paying attention) and TONS of music to listen to (Is it sad that they had better music than my iPod?) and TONS of games to play (Come on, Street Fighter 2... How awesome is that?) They also came a bunch of times to give us food (delish), drinks (amazing orange juice), and other nice stuff (WARM TOWELS? WELL, I NEVER....) It was very enjoyable and those 14 hours went by quickly.

Aside from the fact that my mom was literally SPRAWLED out everywhere on top of me and I couldn't have been like "Hey Mom. Get off." without getting slapped all the way to Africa. Also, Please Korean Air, can you answer one question: why did you wake everyone up at 4 in the morning to give us orange juice. Even if we were still in Georgia, I'm pretty sure we would be sleeping at this time. Also, can people not use the bathroom 24/7. I mean, I understand having to use it and all, but literally, every time someone walked out, someone would go in. Please check your bladders/bowels. However, can I just say that Korean Air attendents have the most adorabl outfits ever? It was very Lady Gaga chic with the headband piece.


You better work it.
Now, I'm just chilling at this airport in Seoul waiting for the flight to Vietnam to arrive (another 5 hours to go...) I'll update next time I get a chance!

xxxjohnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment