Monday, June 20, 2011

Where's the beach?!

Location: Outside Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Time: 5:35 PM
Date: June 20th

Whoever knows where the title of this post comes from gets a cookie.

Today is my relaxation day before I go on my last tour on vacation! I will be going to China for a week. That's the longest tour yet and probably the most exhausting, so hopefully, I won't have a repeat of Ladyboy fainting.

The last tour I took was to Nha Trang, which is the most popular tourist destination in Vietnam. Essentially, it's a beach city. And apparently has one (several?) of the most beautiful beaches on Earth. Once again, I had no idea what the schedule was. (Which makes things so much more exciting, if you ask me.) The only thing I knew was that it was four days and three nights, which was a day less than the trip to Thailand.

When I heard that the trip was to the beach, I figured that it shouldn't take long, right? I mean Vietnam is a tiny country so maybe two or three hours tops. WRONG. The bus ride took 12 hours. 12. Hours. Of. My. Life. That's not to say it was all spent on the bus. We did have breakfast, lunch AND dinner, along with two restroom stops on the way there. And on the way back, we only had lunch and three restroom breaks. Those 12 hours were the longest hours of my life. First, this trip had more people, about 30-something and at least a fourth of the group were kids. Not teenagers or preteends, but little kids. Loud, aggrivating little kids. I'm pretty sure the whole time I was on the bus, I was listening to my iPod or trying to go to sleep. (Thank God for medicine that knocks you out.)

So essentially, the first day of the tour was just getting there. The city was beautiful! Way different than where I'm staying. Yes, there were still more motorcycles than cars, but there were actually nice big buildings and a beach and lots of nice decorations. The hotel was also nice. Free wifi is always a plus. And plus, we just stayed in one hotel the whole tour. That night, I woke up at around one and had a horrible pain in my chest. It was truly one of the worst feelings ever, up there with how I felt at the ladyboy show. So, that morning, due to lack of sleep and just feeling like I needed to rest, I chose not to participate with the group and just stay at the hotel. My mom was also super sick so she stayed at the hotel as well. Apparently, I didn't miss out on much because everyone said the beach they went to was nasty and that all they did was swim at different places the whole time. Basically, I stayed at the hotel the whole day and ordered room service and chilled.

The next day, I felt better and went with the group. We went to some huge rock place. (Uhm... yeah. Literally, it was a bunch of big rocks by the shore.) After that, we went to another beach. The beach was pretty nice and I enjoyed myself EXCEPT for the jellyfish. Now, lord help me. There were so many jellyfish in the sea and they stung me so many times. Apparently, this is the norm for Vietnam and there were a ton of people swimming everywhere, so I stuck it out a bit, but ended up going back on shore after I got tired of being stung. After swimming, I took a shower in the little communal bathroom where people were literally everywhere.... Yeah, Emory will definitely be a piece of cake after this. After the beach, we went to eat lunch and a theme park was next. I had the biggest headache ever because I usually get them after swimming and decided to go back to the hotel. I didn't want to chance fainting at a theme park that required getting there by sea or air, and I did have the 7 day China tour where I won't have a chance to relax at the hotel even if I needed to, so I thought going home to relax was the best thing for me. Once again, I had room service and just chilled at the hotel.

The last day there was basically going home. Another 12 hour bus ride. Ugh, this one felt even worse than the first one and every rest area we went to had SO MANY PEOPLE everywhere and I swear, the bathroom were disgusting. There was literally a pool of water (and God knows what) as soon as you stepped in. Finally got home and boy did it feel good.

Now, I'm just enjoying my one day rest period before I go to the final tour. I admit that I am terrified of feeling faint because this is a different country and no one knows Chinese and instead of being with family members, it's just going to be me and my mom. So, pray that Iwill be ok! I have definitely been feeling somewhat better, so hopefully, this is a good sign. Going to China means a whole week of not having the internet! So don't be alarmed if you hear no updates from me. With that being said, wish me luck on this week! After this, I will spend a week at home in Vietnam before flying back to America! Two more weeks left!


xxxjohnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment